Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Do you have a room for rent?

I must say, this blogging business is a godsend. Between reading your blogs and writing in mine, it's prevented many personal pity parties. And for that, I say Thank You.

So far the only person to respond to my emails about rooms they're renting was a very 'to the point, no details' guy who lives in a scary part of town. After some thought I decided against pursuing it.
I just emailed a couple who in their ad said there was a catch to the room they had for rent: "The catch? We have a newborn baby, so you have to be willing to live in a house where midnight cries might occur. The baby sleeps in our room, and the walls are pretty thick, but a newborn is a newborn . . . " I wrote I would bring extra pillows to cover my head. We'll see if they respond.
This morning, 4:30am I awoke as usual to all the scary little worries that peek their creepy little heads up out of slumber. Since I was relatively relaxed I decided I would try to meditate instead of laying wide awake in a slight sweat, creating bad endings to all the situations I'm currently dealing with.
I did ok considering I'm an amateur and lazy about such endeavors. I WANT so much to WANT to meditate. I rarely am able to corner myself, sit me down and not think of a thousand other things I should be doing. Especially now.
It's spring in NYC and I live right across from a park filled with flowers, winding steps and old stone walls. I'm so pleased I get to walk dogs in such a beautiful place.

3 comments:

SUEB0B said...

Love the park photo.

I am glad you are blogging. It never occurred to me that you were a great writer. I mean, I just never read anything you had written, and since MOST people can't write at all...

Meditation. I want to want to, too. LOL.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Thank you for liking my writing. I haven't written for years. It feels good to express myself again.

Janet Evening said...

Good for the park, and hooray for the dogs. They will lead you to the magic part.
I love your writing!