Friday, February 02, 2007

white girl

I finally got back into my neighborhood from a red eye flight from Phoenix and a two hour train ride from JFK. I stumbled into the corner store and asked for a black coffee. My favorite guy behind the counter responds, "Black, like you?" and I said, "Yes please."
He stops pouring, turns to me smiling, giving me the opportunity to replay what he just asked so i may truly relish in it's hilariosity. I almost fell over in a spaz of hysterics.

After giving him the response he expected he resumed pouring.

I suppose if you don't know me this may not seem funny. I am a member of the whitest of Caucasian Caucasians. All of my people were from frigid lands, people who were either vikings or conquered by vikings. And this my friend is why my favorite arabic guy behind the counter is a funny muthafuka.

3 comments:

super des said...

Would he say the same if you were black and ordered your coffee with lots of cream?

SUEB0B said...

Funny indeed. Are you glad to be back?

I am going to Phx in March for Spring Training, as usual.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

no he wouldn't. if they ordered coffee and cream i could see him saying, 'as light as you?' lol...that's some funny shit. i hope that's what he'd say

bob. there is a slight chance i may be going back in march too. when would you go?