Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm nearer than you think

Breath, huff. Yes this word, huff.

You are out in this darkness with me. The still looming trees, the shadows, a snapping twig. I watch you stand in the light, trying to not think about scary movies and bears.

I wait as you stop searching in the dark, peering for danger. Your panoramic hunt for the boogey slows, you head settles back to front, and then I huff.

Huff deep, hard and big, you stagger back and quiver, rattling fear. It shakes through every hole in your face.

And like the monster in the dark that I am, My chest fills, I grow another inch, longer teeth, a dirtier, amused evil.
Welcome to my back yard.

4 comments:

SUEB0B said...

I'm glad to see you posting...even if I never have any freaking idea what you're talking about anymore. I have a simple mind.

super des said...

I'm just too entranced by your words to point out that I've missed you!

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

thank you muchly des. how are you rabbit?

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

bob, it's about the creepy thing that lives in the woods behind our house, which is me.