Wednesday, November 08, 2006

a frail pull, a fragile glow

Sister says she wants to read me.
Sister says she wants to know.
Sister wants to believe me,
and I must make it so.

I cannot give her a piece of me.
This would be a death you see.
A given token of blood and gore.
I am not a tool to dig with,
to find hidden metaphor.

Collapse upon me broken sea,
Wash and deliver the mystery,
Bring it warm and still aglow,
to the hands of my sister,
a gift to sow.

Reap me now before the tide draws back
Twisted fins and souls bare in lack
Begging time,
begging a release from woe
Into the moons fading, forever glorious glow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you come over and say stuff like this to me until I fall asleep? Not that it's boring ~ it's just so much better than almost anything.

Anonymous said...

I agree with bimbo.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

blood brother-you are adorable but need I state the obvious?
Desmerelda-ditto back

Anonymous said...

I still have a bracelet for you.

SUEB0B said...

You rock, woman.