Tuesday, December 05, 2006

the freedom in the root of violation

My hand hit the ground as I prevented my body from landing heavy. A pain shot through and I could feel the stones under my palm pierce the skin. They seemed to belong and I welcomed their violation.

As I watched and felt myself on the ground, I thought about the roots of the tree in my grandmother's yard and wondered if the stones were pained by roots intrusion into their space in the dirt, under the tree, deep in the earth.

Everything has it's turn of violation and I hope at some level we, violated, can find the little opening where we take that breath of awareness, of the vitality of being ruined, and say, in truth, it was worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...such an excellent observation

and perhaps turning away from what seems to be a constant seeking of happiness and good only, we can appreciate these things better by really being open to violation and all the things most people shun and cast aside at all costs.