Wednesday, December 06, 2006

what I was really doing

I was picking a stalk of bok choy in the grocery. A mindless action that ripped open a praise, a revelation, that adjusted my point of view just enough to see the whole picture.

What I thought I was doing was selecting food to fit in my basket while consciously keeping my irritation at a minimum at being constantly bumped and gently pushed out of the way of the hordes of people on the train, on the sidewalk and in the store.

But this rip in my grumpy occurred and the booming game show voice said, "Well, well! You are the next lucky motherfucker to get a glimpse at how fucking happy you really are! Look around you and see where you are and feel your realness outside of that voice in your head..and you will know a moment better than any joy your inner banter can create because this..this is real."

I stood there, continuing to keep my head down as to not scare the hordes with my ecstatic revelation. Just me and the Bok Choy, havin' a moment.

3 comments:

SUEB0B said...

Yowza. That is one good veggie.

super des said...

Bok Choy makes me angry too.

NWO said...

I had Bok Choy the other day, and it didn't say a thing to me. Now I'm jealous!