Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm anxious about going out and meeting strangers with rooms to rent. I've not had to do this in NYC, it's intimidating.
Meeting the people, seeing the room. Wonder if I hate it or I don't like the people living there and they like me and ask if I want the room?
Oh please, I need to get over it.
So it will be awkward and besides, who's to say they'll like me enough to ask? That's awkward too.
I guess it's the fact that I have to tear myself away from my little home and find another that scares me. I feel lonely in this process.

3 comments:

SUEB0B said...

Finding a roommate is like all the bad parts of dating with few of the good parts. But on the other hand, that is how we found each other!

MrsFortune said...

Yeah, I'm with Sue, finding a roommate sucks. I've only ever had one in my life - I'm a live alone person, but then again, I never lived in NYC, so I'm with ya. Good luck. And on top of it the whole "break up" thing ... it's not like you're just finding a new roommate because of a bad shower spray in your old apartment. Double yikes.

That's what a blog is good for.

IzzyMom said...

Hey! Thanks for dropping by. I'm really digging your blog. Good luck with the room :)