Saturday, October 07, 2006

leaning into the sharpest point today

My friend and I are feeling the contortions of ours hearts as they break and mend. We've been writing to each other a lot.

She quoted a Buddhist saying which I embrace, "Lean into the sharpest point." Meaning feel the pain, all of it without pushing it away. If we do this it will remove the fear and let us progress through it.

Another quote she has thought hard on in her process is from Vernon Howard, "Anger or bitterness toward those who have hurt you will block your path to higher ground. You can have anger toward people or you can have freedom from people, but you can't have both."

She mentioned the anger takes a little longer to get through, as evidenced in this, her words I quote, with permission of course: "When I was praying each day that my robot ex would flip her SUV over the side of the old Kingston bridge suffer a C3 fracture, sustaining paralysis Christopher Reeve- style and awake each morning at 3am to a nurses aid changing her diaper... well this quote helped me through that time."

The rage, it's exhilarating to read. I don't have it to this extent but it is so refreshing to hear the dark of another to help bring back some of the light. She's awesome.

8 comments:

SUEB0B said...

It's good to share, LOL. That is a brilliant fantasy. I can't say I haven't had similar ones.

kris dresen said...

Hmmm. "Lean into the sharpest point." I rather like that.

Then again, without my bitterness I wouldn't have a persona or content for the persona's blog.

Does that mean I am suffering for my "art" or just being foolish and blocking my own path?

Something to mull over, I suppose.

super des said...

Those are some good quotes. Ten years from now, you'll be able to think of your own quotes to tell people.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Bob-yes there were a few exs long ago I wished a similar demise.

Maggie-Good questions

Desmerelda-I have quotes, not that I found but of my own head..are they valuable? I'm not sure

Bimbo said...

Blood brother~ I just spent 3-4 (ok, 10) minutes scrolling the text up and down over your splashy new wallpaper. Our front-loading washer with the glass door was one of my favorite toys as a kid. And someday, when my child grows up, I'm going to reintroduce shrooms to my diet. For now, I have this.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Blood brother-shrooms, of this I have partook recently. Good times. Let me know when you reintroduce..

antiprincess said...

hee hee hee hee

Last time I communed with the mushroom goddess I thought I had flippers like a seal or dolphin. It totally ruled.

I also thought there were monsters inside the TV, but they wouldn't bother you unless you bothered them first.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Anti-The One that I loved and lost. She had a fixation with the green vacuum at my clients house that I was pet sitting at when we did them. I had to put it in another room. She also was a very clean person and hated hair. She bought a lint roller and spent a half an hour rolling off the sheets of the bed before we could get into it...sigh. She was so fucking cute high. And not high.