Monday, July 31, 2006

Why would you eat carpet?

S.'s dog ate large portions of carpet around the house on Saturday. I tried to take him for a walk yesterday, he sat down in an almost meditative position on the neighbors lawn. I asked him if he was too hot and wanted to go home and he responded by barfing up part of the downstairs carpet. When he finished he said he wanted to go back home, we walked back to the front yard. He sampled some grass but not the good barf inducing kind so I directed him to where it was growing. He grazed and after a spell vomited up more downstairs carpet, then a little upstairs carpet too. Six generous clumps. Some I had to extract from his throat as they were stuck half way. Delightful on a 90 degree day.

5 comments:

super des said...

mmmm carpet.

bbuckman said...

"Why would you eat carpet?"

Because it was there.

belledame222 said...

If you have to ask...

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

trev- S. got him at a shelter that trains dogs to speak spanish and english. He spoke to me in spanish for weeks, as I only speak english this was sad. But alas, he's figured it out and as a reward I pull rug out of his throat when he needs a hand.

Des- LOL.

Laura- berberesk carpet

Bbuckman- yes but you know the finer nuances of dog mentality..

Belledame- I know, I'm slow that way.

SUEB0B said...

OMG this made me laugh so hard.