Friday, September 08, 2006

Why and what?

I've seen a lot of silly shit in the city.

I've seen a woman dressed in a clown suit who honked her horn at people when they commented on her outfit. I've seen a junky pull her pants down and pee as if she were in her own bathroom (which I suppose she was) right on the corner of 109st and Broadway.
I unfortunately walked up on a woman sitting on a park bench blowing a man who casually stood over her with one leg on the bench mechanically moving in and out of her mouth. Sorry, too much visual.
But notice how I don't erase it.
And every day, there is something else but usually just a different version of the thing before.

But I have to say, I've not seen this before.




I am taking a poll.
Why is he there? And what the hell is he thinking?

I mean doesn't he know how many dogs have shit and peed on that very spot? I should know, I'm a dog walker.

12 comments:

bbuckman said...

Maybe he's waiting his turn on the park bench.

Pendullum said...

Thinking???

You think he is thinking???

And to think he did not notice you with your camera...
Did you go back into your apartment for your camera???
or did you just happen to have a cell phone to photograph this guy??/

spotted elephant said...

He is thinking, thinking that the world revolves around him, and he will do what he pleases.

Gr8lakesgrrl said...

He's locked his keys in the car. He's waiting for the locksmith or his girl/boyfriend to show up but he got tired so he just decided to lean back for a minute to relax and look up at the sky through the trees. Sigh. Now he's pretend he's home in Syracuse. Now this person is walking by and taking a picture of him. He wonders if she thinks he's a vagrant.

bbuckman said...

I'm changing my story, I'm with Beth.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Pendullum, Yes a cell phone camera did the deed. Even if he did notice me with the camera what could he say? 'ummm Miss? Kindly don't take pictures of me while I lay on the nasty sidewalk.' Being from out west, I'm gonna have to say he's West Coast.

SE-this occured to me too.

Beth-Dad-yes I like this story too

Bimbo said...

If I was in better shape today, I'd come up with something about peaceful protest and cars or trees, the guy doing a lay-in. I could also go with trying to use the temper tantrums that worked on mom on his wife, to prevent yet another trip to IKEA. I'm not in that place today. Someone, please, make good use of them.

super des said...

He's just tired. All that not-working can really wear a guy out.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Des, this guy wasn't of the homeless, non working nature...

Hey I have a sparkly new bracelet..and leftovers. How was the party?

super des said...

Well, he should be at work, is all I'm sayin.

You didn't miss much. We didn't stay too long.

Gr8lakesgrrl said...

Hey, thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

#1Aunt said...

I thought he was about to do a sit up and the car was just a convienent foot hold. However current fitness professionals seem to be recommending crunches instead.