Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ass pat

Yesterday I watched this guy drive his car up the wrong side of the street. It reminded me of another time this happened at the same spot.

Last winter I was walking my dog in the morning and a cop came roaring up the wrong side of the street with sirens blaring and I smelled trouble immediately. I was on the rise of the hill and I could see in the direction they were coming that the light had just turned green and the cars were heading down.

I wasn't close enough to wave an alarm to anyone and sure enough the cop hit a car head on. I ran over and the guy who's car had been hit was not hurt and on his phone already. My dog and I rushed over to the drivers side of the cop car and the driver was in shock. She was panting and her partner was bleeding from his neck but mostly okay. So I sat with the driver and stroked her hair until the wall of alarmed cop cars came screeching up to save their fellows soldiers of the street.

When they roared in, jumping out of their cars ready to box whoever did this to their own, when it was thems that did it, I quietly stepped away and left.

But I didn't really leave because the moment I had with that cop was intense and it meant a lot to me. First the intense desire I had to soothe her was powerful and then the shear act of touching a cop in general was tweaking me out for hours after.

Maybe this doesn't translate. Maybe touching a cop seems like no big deal and maybe it isn't but here in NYC my experience has been different. On two different occasions I've seen people approach the po'lice, touching their arms and both cops stepped back and said, "Don't fucking touch me."

As I am a very touchy feely person I was instantly terrified and after these instances, every time I came near a cop I had to repeat, "don't touch the cop, don't touch the cop." Cause what I can't do I want more than anything. And now, desperately I want to pull the stray hair away from the eyes of Ms. Copper. Or give the biceps of Mr. PoPo guy a nice squeeze when I pass, maybe a pat on the ass. And what's worse is my compulsive urge to slide my fingers across their holster..

I'm so scared of myself near cops, when they're around I stay 6 feet away and look in a different direction cause, like dogs, (say it with me) If I don't see them, they're not there.

When police cars cruise by and I'm not paying attention my feet will jerk my ass across the sidewalk and walk me into it's path. I want to reach in and give Mr. Doughnut Eater a squeeze on the cheek. I'm sick and getting sicker over this. If I could meet a cop that I could touch then I would be cured.

14 comments:

Toastedsuzy said...

This is a GREAT story!

I feel the same way about cops. Only, I've gotten to touch a few of them. Not sexually, mind you, but waitress-ly.

Bimbo said...

GMoney~ I think I heard just recently that cops are discouraged from physical contact with the public unless necessary. Then again, most of the people they meet in their occupation probably don't have the same good intentions you do.

My favorite part was the way the dog was helping you. Because that's exactly how it goes down with the puppies. He was on it!

I'm with you and Suzy on the need to pet them - cops, dogs, whatever. Do you think it's more that we still see them as human beans like us, due compassion, or is it that aura of the verboten or unfamiliar?

Toastedsuzy said...

It might be fear, too. The human equivalent of rolling over and exposing your belly. "I love you. I love you. Please don't hurt me."

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Toasty-you are so lucky..see that's what I need to be, a waitress cause they're sittin in their booth eating their doughnuts and coffee that I brought them. They're grateful so could pet them all I wanted when I passed.

Kristin-you bring up interesting points and for me they're both right. I have a need to level those who have put themselves in positions of authority. To bring them back to a human place. I also have touching issues with military and (sometimes) firemen.
(Like I have a friend on Myspace who's a firefighter and I've hinted around that she and I should meet but she doesn't take the hint and I'm gonna have to just tell her she needs to come visit so I can touch her..lol.)
It's also and worstly about the taboo. It's a No No and that doesn't translate well with me. I'm terrified of getting 'in trouble'. I'm also very rebellous so the combination brings strange fits of compulsive attempts to paw and restrain at the same time.

Toasty-Yes fear in there too. The 'I'm afraid to get into trouble' thing. Yet that can lead into a whole new kinky realm too that's kinda fun. God I've got to get over this.

super des said...

Lets find you someone from that show "cop rock."

Bimbo said...

Des~ That's disturbing. I love it!

bbuckman said...

This is the first time that I am unable to find even one of you with whom I can agree.

We've all heard of women's (and perhaps men's) fascination with uniforms. The 'uniform syndrome' I think it's labeled.

My advice would be to forget it. If it's the uniforms, try a bus driver, postal employee or Buger King guy.

Gr's 6 foot rule around cops is OK, but, in the interest of the good life, 6 blocks is better.

super des said...

Also, they sell those vinyl cop inuforms on Christopher street.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Des-Someone I'm smitten with says she has a friend who's a cop. And she can borrow the uniform...this will work.

Dad-Sorry you have to be witness to this..love you

Toastedsuzy said...

Well, Mr. Buckman, I didn't want to be a killjoy, but since you bring it up, I might as well admit that hanging around the Denny's cops, leaning on their shoulders and listening to them talk about ... some of the things they've done and laughing about it and what not...

was ...

not hot.

TS

ps.

Strippers dressed like cops? Hot

Toastedsuzy said...

Also, "Ass Pat"? totally hot name for a post.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Toastyhotsu-I'm glad you like the title. I do too.

SUEB0B said...

I'm sure one Craigslist ad could solve your problem LOL.

SLO had some sexy cops. Ian Parkinson...dreamy. Those leather boots LOL.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Bob-we have a couple cops who wear the leather, below the knee boots too. It only works when they're horse cops though. when you see one get out of his car at the corner of 12th and 125th with those boots, it's hard to take him seriously.