Sunday, September 10, 2006

9/11

I don't know what to say about this post. I've spent all night looking at videos to find the right ones to put here and it doesn't really matter anymore it's all the same horror and death. Despite how intense and uncomfortable it may be I wish you would watch every video as whatever you'll feel for the next ten minutes is nothing like what was felt by those there.







Please click here, this is beautiful

Then this happened...




And I remember this. Too many volunteers, too many donations. They would put us to tasks like 'move this box over there', 'put those gloves here.' There were so many of us. This is where the good came back and through all of this horrible tragedy this amazing strength grew in everyone in this city because of 9/11.

Sonja was in the park next to the first tower when it fell.
She told me yesterday she was reading where a fireman said if he had run south or west from the falling tower he would have died. She ran east, if she hadn't I wouldn't know her or have a clue of her existence today. She has a profile on myspace. Please go over, read her blog entries, see her video. She very much wants us to never forget.

Sometimes I feel foolish for how affected I was by this horrible event as my story isn't near as terrifying as so many others but I have one, here's a little piece of it:

Tori sang this on David Letterman right after 9/11.

I laid on the couch with K. in misery. I remember Letterman trying to make a show despite the hell that had just happened. I was hardly functioning, hardly aware. And the sound of Tori's voice rose up and spoke to my pain. And now I can't hear this song and not think of 9/11 and that night on the couch.

This post is for those who died, for those who survived, for Sonja who survived and changed her life because of it.

Get this video and more at MySpace.com

7 comments:

bbuckman said...

So glad you're my daughter.

spotted elephant said...

Wow, GR. What an amazing post.

Toastedsuzy said...

I agree. It is simple, sad and hopeful too.

TS

super des said...

I can't even imagine.

Bimbo said...

I heart you and the Big Apple. But you especially. Nicely done.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Dad, me too

I'MA NUT CASE said...

Your story is just as important as any other told of that terrible day, and I thank you for sharing it.