Tuesday, September 26, 2006

leaf power

She asked, 'What happens to a dream deferred?'

Does it dissipate into useless energy that recycles into what's closest? Like that tree over there? Does it become leaf energy and is that leaf stronger than the rest for getting the lost dream, the dream on hold?

Or when dreams defer is it a slow letting? Like a hole in a balloon. Seeping out of me, spilling onto the seat I sit, The woman I bump, the door I push. Like dirty hands I spread germs of loss?

Whatever the way, at first they always have the stench of disappointment. If we're lucky they filter through and become clean, clear relief.

5 comments:

Bimbo said...

An artiste, as always. This was such a good thing to think about while I went through my morning. Because of things like this, because of you, I have a whole new outlook on Gandhi. I'm going to rent the movie tonight and mumble, 'Lies. It's all lies.' through a mouthful of popcorn when he's not a dog-walker extraordinaire in New York.

super des said...

What kristin said.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Kristin-Can we just be sisters already? I mean the kind like you and your brother. Where no matter what I will always know that you will never leave me cause you can't cause my blood would hunt your blood down if you tried to forget me. More like lovers, best friends and sisters in one. Some sort of three fold law of energy created by witches when witches was cool?

witches, yes lets. But I get the pointy hat and you get the cauldron and then for sure we couldn't be separated.

Desmerelda-Thank you my multi colored beauty queen from Brooklyn by way of Cali style.

Daddy-Thank you. I'm always honored when you like

super des said...

can I be a witch too?

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Desmerelda-of course, duh...