Sunday, September 24, 2006

Where are you?

Belledame222 and I hung out in the east village. We were supposed to hang out downtown, well I thought we were. We had decided to meet at The Strand bookstore.

At 11 I was there, at 11:15 Belle called said she was walking towards it, be there in a sec.
Five minutes passed.
I call, leave a message, "Hey, I think we're at different Strands. Call me."
Two minutes, Belle calls, "What Strand are you at?"
Me, "On Fulton, you?"
"12th and Broadway."
Me, "For fucks sake."

I get on the 2 train, get off at 14th, promptly walk in the wrong direction for five minutes. Call Belle, tell her I'm an asshat and will be there in 15 instead of 10.

Finally, we are together.

Belle and I are the picture of opposites. She is short with long, wild, shocking red hair. I am tall with boring straight, very short, brown/grey hair.

Belle is so cerebral and crazy smart that I have to listen with rapt attention to understand where she's going with stuff. She is a lesson in quieting the mind and listening carefully. She comes from a different angle of a subject than me. I have to walk around the object and get the full view.

Of the topics we discussed, we concluded that coven witches need to not have control issues with their students of the craft. We decided this at the Ukrainian diner on 2nd.

We ambled down 2nd, into a too expensive Indian store, then a weird open lot behind an apartment building that was an old cemetery with vaults hung in the walls surrounding. A woman stood here in the open with her two standard poodles insisting we sign her guest book so the organization that maintained this open lot/cemetery could get more funding with a show of all its enthralled visitors.

At Houston, Belle suggested a movie. We saw Sherrybaby. Popcorn, Junior Mints and Coke.

There is discussion of a future meet up with Kristin and Antiprincess. I like.

It was a good Sunday afternoon.

11 comments:

super des said...

Wow, I was hanging out with Suzanne from CUSS in that same area. We could have ad a total blogger meetup.

Bimbo said...

Thrilled! What are we calling this conference?

Pendullum said...

Thank you for the journey...
Ahhh... I wish I was there...

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Des-Damn, wish I had known.

Kristin-an orgy

Pend-come visit. You are welcome!

SUEB0B said...

brown/grey hair...sniff...you were such a pup when I met you.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Sue- isn't it sad? I have this wretched vein that runs down my leg too. I'm thinking of having a winding tattoo to cover it. The bastard..aging has wisdom and decay..

belledame222 said...

'twas! (a splendid afternoon, despite the mix-up).

super des, how funny! we should do, one of these days.

gr: no, THE orgy.

antiprincess said...

there are two Strands?

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Anti- there are four or five I think. I like the downtown one the best. Why? I don't know really..

antiprincess said...

are they all eight-miles-of-books?

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Anti-LOL...umm lets say yeah. When you come, we'll go measure and sue the fucks if it's off.