Thursday, May 11, 2006

A meditation for the world

It goes like this:

This is for all who I have looked upon in my life. Those forgotten and those remembered. Be they human, animal, places and things. Those I love, like, dislike and hate.
The Light of the Universe comes down through my crown chakra, through me and out in every direction, on earth and elsewhere, finding these humans, animals, places and things. The Light empowers them with all that It is.
(Here I visualize this Light illuminating out of me and circling the world and also out into the universe to those who are not here anymore.)
This Light as It searches, enters and illuminates those humans, animals, places and things it encounters as well as those It's looking for. In humans, It plants the desire to forgive and be gentle, It wipes away hatred, and detaches people from their obsessions and any goal that separates instead of unites. It forgives and adjusts karma. To all humans, animals, places and things It touches, The Light brings such joy, strength and peace, It clears chakras, emboldens vitality and centers firmly.
I meditate on this for 10-15 minutes and let what comes, come. For a closing I give thanks to the Universe and release the Light.

these intentions are a powerful way to give to the world. We all don't have to go out and volunteer you know...

5 comments:

IzzyMom said...

Wow...that's beautiful.

I never have a chance to meditate.
I'm never alone.

But I try to think these kinds of thoughts before I fall asleep.

Similar-ish?

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Oh yes, everything is heard. I do that too. When I'm walking dogs I do it in my head.

SUEB0B said...

That is a good meditation. It sounds kind of like tonglen meditation.

I think I want to start a blog for spiritual homework...could I use it?

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Sue- Yes indeedy.

Janet Evening said...

Thoughts are things! A post card from my sister,Sue, said "Guard well your thoughts, for they are heard in heaven." That is a sobering thought. Ooops. Damn it!