Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Smells fishy

I was reading Fetch Me My Axe.
belledame222 talks about how a certain woman whose blog she's reading is contemplating leaving her boyfriend because she feels an obligation to the feminist movement to disassociate herself from men and possibly become a lesbian. All this in order to stop giving energy to men.
This is a pretty old school radical approach. To enter into a personal lie to better the environment for women is like jumping into a pool to save someone when you can't swim.
What do you think?

8 comments:

SUEB0B said...

Link lesson: the code is

What you want to call it

That's all. Make sure to remember be quote marks. And you have to put the whole http:// in, too. I always forget.

Living a lie is never right. The only real changes happen on this planet when people decide to STOP living in fear and live authentically from their passion and their hearts. That's my opinion, anyway.

SUEB0B said...

Aw crap, I forgot I would make a link in my comment with my code.

Here's a page that describes how to add a link. All you really need to know is the code in step 3.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5372_add-link-web.html

Madame D said...

Okay, if she loves her boyfriend, that's insane.
If she's thinking all ready that she is not totally enamored of this man, and has had secret lesbian feelings all her life, fine. Be true to yourself.
But that's what you have to be...true to yourself.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

I agree. I got the impression that her only reason for doing it was to be some sort of Super Feminist.

IzzyMom said...

I appreciate the sentiment but it just doesn't make sense...

belledame222 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
belledame222 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
belledame222 said...

To be fair, I don't know that she was saying she was going to become a lesbian; that was more the Sheila Jeffries, which I had the impression was influencing her. at any rate she didn't use the word "lesbian," as I recall.