Friday, June 02, 2006

He's obsessed

I have a fellow dog-walking friend who has taken it upon himself to date the widest array of women. He takes pride in describing their various professions and personalities.
He's currently dating five women. One is a jazz musician, another commits herself to the advancement of electronics like IPod and other hoohaas. The rest, I forget.
I do remember some from the past like the stripper who is currently suing him for assault. She claims he tried to kill her when he walked out on her. As my friend is more liking to hurt himself than the women he falls for I'm going say I don't believe this. There is no evidence and it looks like the state is dropping charges. Stripper ex says if that happens she's taking him to small claims court and suing him for back rent. He lived with her for five days.
Then there's the doctor he married for two months, the opera singer and a lawyer somewhere in there.
He is so busy I don't know how he has the time to get to know these people. And don't think I don't get it. I realize the end product he's looking for is a vertical layout but he's one of these guys who loves women. He needs them, he needs their friendship, their presence. Most of his friends are women, they become a blur of friend/lover, lover/friend. I'm somewhere in this mix but with only a friend status. Even though he does check in whenever we spend more than a half an hour together just to make sure.
We sat on the stoop of his apartment where our conversation was paused only for him to flirt with the cute girls walking by. He thinks this is fun to do with me next to him because I like girls too. He says, "Did you see how big her boobs were?" I say, "Yes they're sitting right on her chest for everyone to see." And to discuss apparently. I listen to his philosophy on happiness= women, and he listens to my latest dramas, funnies and thrills and whether I like what he's saying or not, we have a connection, cause I'm a woman.

6 comments:

super des said...

I like interesting friends.

MrsFortune said...

An opera singer? Cool. Sounds like he has a penchant for interesting women, not just women.

Janet Evening said...

That is too competitive for me! Is it a passive-aggressive flirtation, or a pissing contest? It makes me cringe!

bbuckman said...

He sounds like a guy who keeps score. He's counting so, after his race is run, he'll be able to sit on a porch and bore the hell out of the other old duffers with his sex stats.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Dad-lol, this could be. I think he has a hard time feeling loved unless he has a flock of women surrounding him.
Janet-Indeed. He would not be someone to pick if you wanted to be exclusive. Like my dad said, I think there's some pissing/keeping score going on.

SUEB0B said...

Janet's husband Sam once worked at a nightclub where there was a young drinker whose whole goal in life was to bang 100 women. He was 25 and was up to a couple dozen. Sam used to torment him by saying "Is that ALL?"