Monday, June 19, 2006

roots

I went with my friends (roommates) to the park last night. We laid on a blanket and watched the sun set. We teased a band of yuppie, pseudo hippy folk who came into a quiet space and filled it with a musical performance none of us were interested in.
We talked about my moving out and I said I felt a panic about it as I would love to live with them forever and they with me. And I would stay if it weren't for my animals and my stuff sitting in the ex's living room waiting for me to fetch it.
I have grown roots, I've willingly become attached and given my love to these two people and I wish to make whatever changes as minor as possible.
There is an available apartment in the building we're living in. It's not ideal but it keeps me close and we can move freely between our apartments, to eat Dominican chicharrones and drink a cerveza whenever we like. Thinking about it.

5 comments:

SUEB0B said...

You always make good friends with your roommates because you are such a cool person.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

thank you bob. So are you, roomy.

MrsFortune said...

I think it sounds like a great idea. And you wouldn't have to move your stuff so far!

super des said...

that might be easiest. I love being close to my friends and I hate looking for an apartment in NYC.

spotted elephant said...

That sounds like a dream-being so close, but also having your own space.