Tuesday, August 29, 2006

grit

I was on the train home. It was crowded as it's yet another fucking rainy day.
I'm standing in front of the doors with a guy beside me. I'm pissy and irritated by..I don't know what. An accumulation of daily whatevers.

As we come to the stops and the doors open I step aside and let people on or off. Mr. Fucko next to me doesn't move an inch for anyone. He stands his stone faced, Aztecan presence square and stares into the dim thoughts of his small, empty brain. Thus I have to really smash myself aside to allow my fellow people to flow.

Usually I would have a different attitude but I am weak with grumpiness, so I stared at his stupid head where his stupid face sat for three stops, willing him to turn into the toad he is.

So finally I say to him, I say, "I know your little mind thinks you rule this big world cause you're so tough with your selfish, rude insistence to stand like a dick in everyones way but I'm here to tell you you suck and we all think you do and you need to go home and take a long look in the mirror and realize you are just a piece of grit someone's desperately trying to wash out of their eye."

And with that the people stood and cheered. They lifted me above their heads and praised me. And the stupid, stunned man withered and shrunk into a toad.

13 comments:

super des said...

That's awesome. I'm going to ignore the last line though.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Lol. Better yet, I deleted it.

Pendullum said...

If it could only be like that...

Toastedsuzy said...

If this were my story, I would find out that the guy was blind or genuinely mentally handicapped or something.

That's the kind of shit that keeps my from saying what I really mean.

I like your story better.

TS

Janet Evening said...

Do not kiss the toad. Ever.

SUEB0B said...

And he withered into a pool of steam...

MrsFortune said...

Wow, you must have been in a really bad mood.

Have you seen that thing on the discovery channel about the Tokyo subway system? It's INSANE. You think NY's system is crowded at rush hour ..

Missed you while I was away.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

I missed you too MrsFortune

OhTheJoys said...

Nice one oh yee defender of all commuters!!

NWO said...

Gandhi: I'm not sure that's how your namesake would have handled it, but i wish I'd been a fly on the wall to watch! :)

IzzyMom said...

okay..I'm a little slow, I guess. Is this story true-ish? Or just some good fiction?

Because if you really said that to someone who behaved like that, I WOULD lift you over my head and cheer you.

(and you're a runner up in the caption contest!)

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Izzy, It was true-ish in the sense that I wanted to say it and that I did wish he would turn into a toad...
I am a runner up?? I'm so excited!

belledame222 said...

GR, you might appreciate this blog right now:

http://trainmama.blogspot.com/

and i would appreciate it if you let me hold onto the fantasy that it is all Twoo, every word you said.