Sunday, August 27, 2006

A three hour tour

The info in this post is mostly of interest to New Yorkers (maybe), as the rest of you might not know what I'm talking about.

Went to a party out on Staten Island today. Left at 11:30am and got there at 2:30pm.

Took the A from 200th in Inwood. The train claimed it was going express from 125th to 59th so we stayed on instead of transferring to the 1 at 168th. At 125th the conductor told us we were going local..

At 59th we caught the 1. At 14th we had to get off and catch the 2 as the 1 tunnels were under construction and the train wasn't going to South Street. We caught the 2 and got off at Canal as the 2 was going express to Brooklyn.

We were herded like cattle onto a shuttle bus at Canal to take us to South Street. When we got there the ferry had just left so we waited a half and hour for the next. On Staten Island we caught the train to our destination. 20 minutes.

When we got there our friends (two of them) who were picking us up seemed to have forgotten there were four of us. They picked us up in their Mini. So I sat on Nate and J sat on R and we played clown car.

Nate and I are a bit thin and I'm sure he lost circulation in his right leg.

The party was for Steve who was turning 30. He has a huge Italian family and many friends. The food was amazing, the people were great and there was water volleyball, beer, wine and espresso.

And we got a ride with a friend back into the city and we didn't even have to play clown car again.

Our trek out was worth it, good times.

8 comments:

super des said...

Good lord.
I love minis! They make great clown cars. (Mine was officially sold today.)
So was the espresso good? I've never had ex-presso.

p.s. bracelet #2 has begun.

SUEB0B said...

I would have loved to see the clown car action.

Travel is pretty much the same in LA except you get to stay in your own hooptie the whole time. Today traffic going into LA was backed up all the way to Seaward! Yikes.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

I swear I'm a spelling inbecil. thanks for pointing out the error...
Did you have a Mini in CA Des?

Bob- let me get this straight, are you saying 101 to LA was backed up all the way to Seaward??? That is fucking insane. I would have shot myslf.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Imbecile....christ. I NEED to learn to hit spell check

super des said...

I did have a mini in CA. It's what we drove across in. Then my car insurance $ tripled for a car I never used. Hence the sale.

bbuckman said...

The song says all you've got to do is take the 'A' Train.

What's the problem?

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Dad, lol..I would have ended up in Brooklyn.

super des said...

Brooklyn's not so bad.