Sunday, August 06, 2006

Isn't he a hottie?

Went to Brooklyn Pride yesterday to see Alphonso. He had a booth there, selling his book, Sons. It's about a teenage boy stuggling with his sexuality in the hip hop culture of Brooklyn, circa 90s.
I have it from a good source that it's well written, a good read. I bought it and I'm going to start it as soon as I'm done here. Please take a look, buy it, tell your friends about it. As blog writers yourselves you know what it means to pass along the word, get the hits, the comments. Let's give him a little love, he rocks.
Alphonso's website
Looking for hits from Google..
Literary gay men. Homosexual fiction. Hip hop culture. Brooklyn. Adolescent homosexuality. African American.

7 comments:

MrsFortune said...

That's brave to take on such a topic. I'll check it out.

IzzyMom said...

You know, he IS kind of a hottie :)

As noted by Mrs. F, it's a brave topic and frankly, I've never considered it. Sounds compelling. I'll check out his site.

Toastedsuzy said...

This book sounds very interesting. And he IS hot.

When I once again have money, I will certainly purchase a copy.

By then, your hot frind's book will be in it's twelfth printing, I imagine.

TS

SUEB0B said...

Yeah, the good looking ones are always gay...(I love me some stereotypes!)

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Bob-lol. but it's true..
toasty-you need a loan?

Toastedsuzy said...

Actually, loans are what got me into this mess in the first place. What I need is to stop screwing around and publish my own future best seller.

I will call it: How to Go Through Nine Years of College and Still Not Know CRAP!

Kidding.

I know crap.

TS

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

'i know crap.' lol. me too