Friday, August 25, 2006

A gift

There is this beautiful boy I know. I rarely see him but I've known him for 3-4 years. He's just graduated college and is back working for his uncle in a rubber hose factory. Yes there is a rubber hose factory in NYC, who knew?

He's someone people think of as an old soul. His capacity to be genuine, to be a simple, gentle human is very moving to me.

There have been times he's seen me from afar, stopped what he was doing, paused conversations and came to me, reached out for my face kissing me softly, embracing me gently to his heart and in his eyes there is a true love and pleasure to see me. I've never been greeted so lovingly by family, lovers or friends.

I can't begin to tell you how I cherish these brief encounters. I ran into him today. He said, "Be careful I'm sick today." I kissed him anyways, I'm sure he would have done the same as sickness isn't a deterrent to an expression of love. He told me about working for his uncle as I walked him to the train. His gentleness warmed me and started my day in joy.

This is his constant gift to me and I hope I give him the same as my heart is full and open when I see him, I have no reservations, we seem to move in the same ether, the same intentions to connect flow between us. He is a gift.

6 comments:

Toastedsuzy said...

Lovely. I know exactly what you mean.

TS

IzzyMom said...

People like that are a rare gift :)

Janet Evening said...

Sometimes In a wooden house there is a golden room...

SUEB0B said...

You always deserve to be greeted like that.

super des said...

:)

Toastedsuzy said...

I rather tagged you, darling. I hope you'll still love me.

TS