Tuesday, August 29, 2006

sweaters are out of storage

There's a panic that wells up in me as the summer starts to fade. I feel like I'm sliding down a hill into a darker place. The colder months are always a time of introspection for me. A time of retreat.

Soon my friends and I won't stop to chat, we'll be striving to our next destinations, moving through the cold hoping to get done with work and to our warm apartments. There will be less meeting out for dinner and drinks.

A connection I have will be severed by a trip aboard. An open ended adventure with no guarantee of renewal.

I'm reluctant to welcome grey sky and scarves back into my life..I'm not ready for the darkness and solitude.

3 comments:

SUEB0B said...

I am so with you on that. I hate the short days and darkness.

super des said...

I'm the opposite. I love it. I'll come visit you for meals and drinks.

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

oh good, i like